Raspberry Ribbon Cookies (Scandinavian Holiday Cookies)
In VisionTV’s new series Bake and Make Up, a once inseparable twosome – childhood friends, past loves, long-lost family – are given the chance to reunite and rekindle their relationship through baking. By bringing two people together to create a delicious and personally meaningful dessert, they can find their way back to each other once again.
Martha & Lisa met in the 3rd grade. They became instant and inseparable best friends, sharing neighborhood adventures, imaginary worlds and first crushes until their teens. When Lisa’s family moved to the big city, the duo struggled to stay connected. Over a family recipe for Raspberry Ribbon Cookies, Lisa and Martha try to untangle the distance between them and return to the warmth and closeness of their youth.
See the delicious recipe for Raspberry Ribbon Cookies below!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1/3 cup powdered sugar
¾ tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add softened butter and sugar and beat until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla and lemon zest to butter mixture and beat to combine fully.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture and slowly mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- Place dough portions 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined sheet tray and shape into a long log approximately 1” in diameter (almost the length of the tray).
- Using your index finger, press down to create a trench down the center of each log; be careful not to press all the way down.
- Transfer sheet tray to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts, remove cookies from the oven and carefully spoon jam into the grooves, being careful not to overfill.
- Return cookies to the oven and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes, until just starting to brown. Do not overbake.
- Remove cookies from oven. Let rest for 2 minutes, then slice cookies on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces. Set aside to cool fully.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside
- With a sharp knife, cut cookies diagonally into 1” pieces. Set aside to cool fully.
- To make the glaze, juice lemon. Whisk together powdered sugar and ¾ tbsp lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle cookies with glaze and set aside to set.